I saw these Superfeet for High Heels in a local DC running store. Mike and I both have Superfeet in our running sneakers and they make a huge difference for us. My hips and knees bothered me quite a bit before using Superfeet – they’ve really helped with my running alignment. These High Heel Superfeet promise to help redistribute weight to avoid sore feet. I’m intrigued!
Garmin recently came out with their new Forerunner 15 watch, which looks very similar to the Forerunner 10 that Mike and I both have. However, this watch comes, for $40 more, the ability to track heart rate and act as an activity tracker, counting steps and calories burned during your day-to-day activities. Like many wearable electronic fitness trackers, the Forerunner 15 will also remind you to stand up when it thinks you’ve been sitting too long. You can upload all your stats to Garmin Connect online. Even though it doesn’t scream GPS watch, I don’t know how I feel about wearing this watch all day long but, for $40 more, it’s nice to have the fitness tracking option! The women’s style watches are fairly low-profile and comfortable. Plus, the new teal color is really cute!
The Annapolis 10-Miler recently opened up registration for the race on August 24th. This is the first race I ever ran back in 2010 and is a popular race so sign up soon if you’re interested! I like this race not just for my first race memories but for several other reasons:
– Small size – there’s not even a wave start
– Crowds – a lot of the course goes through neighborhoods where people hand out oranges and other snacks.
– Sprinklers – many people put sprinklers out on the edge of their front lawns for runners to cool off. August is pretty hot!
– Post-race party has included pretty good bands, food and a beer truck
– Lunch in Annapolis before heading back to DC – it’s nice to make a whole day of it and spend some time in the quaint town of Annapolis after the race.
– Finisher’s Premium – usually the shirts are pretty nice (long sleeve 1/4 zips, for example) – check out the awesome jacket for this year’s runners!